On Saturday, two roofers arrived and started working on the last of the roof, or so we thought. After putting in nearly a full day they realized they were out of roofing material. For those of you keeping count, that makes three weeks after the first promise of roofing delivery. The truly silly part is that they finished the part of the roof over the carport, but not over the actual new house. So the car will remain nice and dry, the interior of the house however. . .
A big tub arrived on Monday. You’ll notice I say, ‘a’ big tub and not ‘our’ big tub. After arriving home first and looking at it, I was thoroughly impressed and excited for Colleen to see it. Unfortunately, when she arrived home she discovered it was not in fact the tub we had ordered. This began a series of emails back and forth with the PM where he displayed some truly bad customer service skills. First attempting to deflect some blame back on us, then complaining out the restocking fee they would have to pay, then saying we would have to wait for 5-6 weeks for the new tub, all the while never offering us anything in return for the delay. After some follow up on the phone, we found that most of the project could keep going without the tub so we opted to wait it out for the one we really wanted.
Needless to say, it was not the best few days for the addition.